Mission, Vision and Values
Our vision and values
If you’re thinking about working with REMONDIS, it’s important that you know what we stand for.
‘Working for the Future’ is embedded into our logo – and our culture. ‘Working for the Future’ describes our role in the sustainability sector, our future-focused culture, and our commitment to greater sustainability for people and the environment.
Our vision is to further the conservation of natural resources. Together, we believe we can achieve a more sustainable future; a future in which waste is a resource.
Our culture grows from our shared commitment to the following values, which guide all 40,000 employees of our diverse, global Group:
- Ethical leadership
- Partnership as a way of business
- Quality service supported by quality people
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Environmental stewardship
- Long term thinking
We run our business according to the principles of material flow management:
- The rate that renewable resources are used should not exceed their rate of regeneration.
- Non-renewable resources should only be used at the same rate as renewable substitutes with the same physical and functional characteristics can be developed and/or a higher productivity of both the renewable and non-renewable resources can be achieved.
- Emissions into the environment should not exceed the point where individual ecosystems are unable to deal with their impact.
- The timeframe of anthropogenic impact on the environment must be in line with the timeframe needed by the environment’s relevant natural processes to react to this impact.
- Anthropogenic activities that pose a danger or an unjustifiable risk to human health should be avoided.