Business Development Executive – Trade Waste
REMONDIS is one of the world’s largest recycling, waste and water management companies, with over 30.000 employees
and 800 strategic business locations on 4 continents. REMONDIS are expert in the provision of cost-effective sustainable
solutions, that are resource and environmentally friendly.
We are looking for a tenacious, passionate and positive Business Development Executive to join our dedicated team in the
North East. You will be responsible for identifying and securing new accounts directly as well as converting company
supplied leads, maintaining long-term relationships with customers, and maximising sales opportunities within them. The
role is field based, but will require some time to be spent in our offices and / or working from home.
Working hours are typically Monday to Friday 09.00 until 17.00pm
- Play a key role in new business activity, proactively and reactively securing new clients within our geographical service area.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly new business targets by managing internal prospect lists and your own personal sales pipeline.
- Responsible for pricing negotiations, which must be kept in line with the minimum sales prices set by the Sales Director.
- Focus on growing and developing and upselling to existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant internal departments.
- Use and update internal ERP and CRM systems, and other appropriate records.
- Support the Sales Director and other colleagues with other sales related activities.
Requirements of the role:
- Previous sales experience within the Waste Management sector is essential, along with a proven track record of selling contracted services and achieving / over achieving sales targets.
- Good relationship building and sales skills. Must also be articulate, confident, and assertive.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Ambitious and self-motivated, demonstrating a strong “can do” attitude. Must be determined to succeed and be prepared to go the extra mile to win a customers commitment and building lasting relationships.
- Must have good planning and organisational skills, as well as good analytical skills along with being proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths. Similar A-Level or Degree level qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
- Competitive salary plus generous OTE
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Company car plus fuel benefit (optional)
- 33 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Please indicate if you have a preference for a particular role.