Remondis Fleet Services Manager – Location: North East and South Yorkshire
Fleet Services Manager
Remondis are a sector leading North-East England based waste management company. We possess unique regional and international expertise in waste recycling/recovery. We provide an extensive range of skips, bins and vehicles to meet most requirements. We guarantee exceptional service levels and strive to help our customer do the right thing with their waste disposal.
We currently operate two strategically positioned MRFs (materials recovery facilities) which enables the efficient collection, receipt and processing of waste, with a third imminently due to go on line.
At Remondis we value our people and embrace the importance of the role our people play in achieving our objectives, which is why we ensure that our employees are motivated, supported and appropriately rewarded. Our employees are empowered and passionate in the delivery of outstanding and professional customer service and we strive to ensure that we provide a great working environment with real opportunity for career advancement.
At an exciting phase of growth and development, we are currently looking to appoint an experienced Fleet Services Manager to manage supply, ensure legal compliance and best practice across the business with regards to the usage of cars, LCV’s and HGV’s.
You will have overall accountability for the Fleet function – leading and shaping a team to monitor and ensure fleet compliance with statutory and company requirements. Your team will manage end to end vehicle costs to minimise cost exposure to the business through the procurement of both vehicles, parts and associated repairs and services, ensuring best value to the business.
Effectively execute and manage strategic as well as day-to-day fleet management activity:
- Develop and support the delivery of a wholly safe and compliant fleet department through designing, implementing and maintaining appropriate policies and procedures, enabling the required operational standards and legal compliance to be upheld.
- Efficiently process the scheduling of motor repairs, maintenance, servicing, and vehicle arrangements for all vehicle types
- Work in partnership with key internal stakeholders to support and manage the relationship with manufacturers and suppliers for the provision of fleet resources and services, ensuring the company is achieving the best value and minimising its carbon footprint.
- Complete monthly Fleet KPIs; Monitor performance on car and commercial operating costs, preparing reports and indexation data, to assist business managers with budget projections and continual improvements.
- Facilitate the completion of fleet audits and ensure issues are addressed through the execution of an action plan.
- Line management responsibility for the vehicle maintenance team ensuring correct and appropriate working hours, pay and reward as well as developing, coaching and motivating talent.
- Maintain awareness of relevant updates and trends within the fleet industry to support ad hoc projects and development of safety, environmental initiatives and legislation.
- Write and update Company Policy to ensure the business is compliant with current Legislation and best practice methods while following the company Sustainability Policy and lowering its Carbon Footprint.
- To manage and run tenders for supply of Fleet Services and Vehicles through a standardised RFP process ensuring service provided is at the highest levels possible and cost effective for the business.
This will include but not limited to the following services:
- Identification, negotiation and ongoing communications with vehicle manufacturer and lease providers (Car/LCV/HGV)
- MHE Supply
- Accident management services
- Hire vehicle supply and management
- Manufacturer/Vehicle selections
- Plan inspections, servicing and MOT’s for all vehicles including company cars, vans and trailers
- To manage the supply and maintenance of all MHE for sites ensuring the right equipment is supplied and maintained. Liaising with H&S Department and Company Insurance Provers to ensure compliance
- Make sure we comply with the DVSA and keep paper work up to date.
- Demonstrate experience and success in a fleet management role together with excellent colleague and customer services
- IRTE or IMI qualification
- A good knowledge of DVSA standards
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent required as evidence of numeracy and literacy ability
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of relevant IT software packages
- Experience of working in a busy environment and working towards set deadlines
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to multi task.
We offer a competitive salary, company car, bonus potential, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave.
We value people who have a sense of urgency and excitement, who demonstrate a can-do attitude, insight, creativity, and thrive in an environment of change and challenge. We value people who take the company personally – being a part of Remondis in the north east, means being part of the global Remondis group with all the opportunities that brings – a place where employees want to build their futures. Remondis is an equal opportunities employer.